Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Photo Collage: Michael Jordan


To me this project was the hardest so far because I had no experience with Photoshop. I chose to do a collage of Michael Jordan because to me and millions of other people in the world, he is the greatest basketball player that ever lived. Not only the greatest basketball player, I actually think he is the greatest athlete ever. I also chose to do Michael Jordan because with him, I would have more concepts to work with. Starting of with the background, I selected a bright sky. The reason for this was to make MJ seem as if he were a sports god above. I wanted to establish Jordan's identity with the number "23", his famous "Jumpman" logo, and his success as a Champion. To do this, I made sure that every image of Michael Jordan had the number 23 as his Jersey from his North Carolina college image to his Chicago Bulls images. To view him as a champion, I added an image of him grasping a championship trophy. I also added an image of him with all of his NBA championship rings. In the top right of the compostition, you can see his name along with his number. In-between the both is his famous logo, "The Jumpman".

No comments: